Currently, there are two different ways to have Agendo running in your facility: we host your Agendo or install it by yourself.
We host your Agendo
Setting up a server to run Agendo can be expensive and time consuming. To overcome that issue, our server is at your disposal to run Agendo. This is very simple way to have it running in your facility without the need of setting up and maintain your own server... for a fraction of price.
This offer includes:
- Configuration of five users
- Configuration of five resources
- Free software updates
- Software support
Contact us at email@example.com for more information about Agendo hosting.
Install it by yourself
To run Agendo on your lab you need to configure an APACHE, SQL and PHP server. We recommend you to use [XAMPP].
- MySQL 5.1+
- PHP 5.1+
- Dedicated server 24/7
XAMPP is a package that contains Apache, MySQL and PHP (and more, but this is all we need) that we recommend to use due to its easy installation. You can download XAMPP from the [official site].
There you will find an installation tutorial for different platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux). Choose yours and follow the steps indicated. Run the installer and follow the instructions.
After installing XAMPP, proceed as follows to start the installer:
- Download the CirkloPackage from Github
- Extract the folders to your server root. At this point you must have in the root of your local server the following files and folders:
- Make sure your APACHE server is running.
- Open the browser and go to http://localhost/install
- Enter your database management system parameters (host, username, password, path to server). Be aware that the software will be installed at http://YOUR-SERVER-HOST/PATH-TO-SERVER
- Press the 'Create DataBase Connection' button. The database will be imported to your server.
NOTE: If you're installing the software in a UNIX server make sure that you have Read+Write permissions to the server root folders and subfolders.
- Enter all the fields in order to complete the install. This will create a department, an institute and an user in your database. Be careful to choose a correct email address. This will be used to send software alerts and notifications.
- At this point, if you press 'Undo Changes the database will be deleted and you'll be able to restart the installer.
- Press 'Finish' to complete the installation.
Once the installation is completed go to http://YOUR-SERVER-HOST/PATH-TO-SERVER to start the software.
We strongly recommend you to use one of the following browsers to run Agendo:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
Other browsers may work as well, but they were not tested.